|Q||[Life]||What's the room inspection?|
RA(residence assistants) and dormitory officers do room inspection every semester(including
It's usually 1-2 times per semester and each time there're first&second room inspection.
In the first round, we visit rooms when students are in their rooms at the moment.
If students are absent, we visit the rooms again in the second round.
We check cleanness of room and whether there are unpermissible items,
You will get penalty points, if you violate any dormitory regulation.
In addition, we check whether fireproof masks are in your room,
some facility needs to be repaird, and so on.
|Q||[Join/Resign]||How can I submit check-in list?|
1. You have to submit check-in list on the GLS after you check your dorm.
2. Even if you're gonna live in a same dorm, you must submit check-in list.
3. If you don't submit it, you will get 1 penalty point.
4. You should submit check-out list as well after moving out from the dorm.
(even if you're gonna live in a same dorm, you must submit check-out list)
5. All dormitory residents should submit check-in/out list.
6. How to submit check-in/out list:
Log in your GLS->Application/Graduation Requirements Management
->Dormitory->Submit check-in/out list
|Q||[Life]||How can I use gym in the dorm?|
Some dormitory has gym and it's free to use.
However, it's public place and you need to keep some rules.
1. Open hours: 5am-12am
2. You need to prepare your towel and exercise clothes.
3. Please wear exercise shoes or socks, you can't wear shoes which
are for outside(You will get penalty points if you wear it).
4. Please clean equipments after you use them (ex: your sweat on an equipment).
5. Don't use a same equipment longer than an hour (It's for others to use it in order).
6. Don't leave any of your stuffs when you leave a gym(Dormitory doesn't take responsibility
for lost stuff)
|Q||[Life]||What should I prepare to live in the dorm and is there any impermissible items?|
|Q||[Join/Resign]||How can I get medical checkup in School?|
▶You can get medical checkup in school for free, once a year.
▶If you have any inquires, you can call them.(02-760-1230)
▶Before you get tested, you need to make a reservation on the GLS.
In the middle of March(9am-3pm) on weekdays.
Lunch time: 12:30pm-1:30pm
Business building 1st floor, Gallary
3. You shouldn't have any food from 9pm, if your checkup time is next morning.
(If your checkup time is after lunch time,
|Q||[Join/Resign]||How can I pay for maintenance and utility fee(leased building residents)?|
Leased Building(IWG/Victory/Crownville) residents have to pay for additional fee
※Maintenance fee can be changed
※Please pay the fee on time
|Q||[Join/Resign]||Who can apply for dormitories?|
1. Registered students(undergraduate&graduate)
2. Freshmen(first year of student)
3. Students who have no probelm with tuberculosis test result
4. Students who're in a gap year can only apply for summer/winter vacation
4. If you are in a gap year after you check in the dorm, you have to move out
from the dorm in a week.
|Q||[Join/Resign]||Regarding applying for dormmate(roommate)|
1. You can apply for dormmate(roommate) when applying for dorms.
2. However, if you're a first year student(freshman), you can't apply for it.
3. If you have any penalty points, you can't apply for roommate.
4. Both of you should apply for same dorm and choose each other as roommate.
5. It's only available in the first round application(Additional round->impossible to apply).
|Q||[Life]||Is there a bed in the dorms and how's the size?|
|Q||[Life]||How can I get my parcel?|
Direct dorms(E/G/K/C/I/M) have parcel storage room and you can pick up your parcel.
IWG house residents can pick up your parcel in the G-house parcel room.
However, other leased buildings(IWG/Victory/Crownville) don't have parcel rooms
and you need to contact a delivery company and inform them
where you wanna receive your parcel, for example in front of your door.
The dormitory doesn't take any responsibility if your parcel is lost or damaged,
therefore once you receive a message that your stuff is delivered,
please pick it up as soon as possible.
In addition, if you pick up other student's parcel, please put it back.
If not, you will get penalty points.
|Q||[Join/Resign]||What's refund regulation if I move out from the dorm before the official check-out date?|
1. Only direct dorms(C/E/G/K/I/M-house) are available for refund.
2. Leased buildings(IWG/Victory/Crownville) are not available for refund, except for
special cases such as illness, going to serve military service, and so on.
3. It's available to get a refund when remain days are more than 30 days
ex) If official check-out date is June 30th, you need to move out before June, 1st.
4. There will be 15 days' dorm fee deduction.
5. You need to fill out a refund application form and send email or visit us.
※ Email: email@example.com
6. It will take about 2-3 weeks to get a refund.
7. If you cancel a dormitory admission before check-in date, you will get a full refund.
|Q||[Life]||What kind of facilities are in the dormitories?|
|Q||[Join/Resign]||How can I make KINGO ID/access to GLS?|
1. There is KINGO ID Login on the top and right side of the SKKU website
2. Click and make your KINGO-ID.
3. You can access your GLS after logging in KINGO.
* New students can sign up kingo portal after paying tuition.
|Q||[Join/Resign]||How assigning rooms will be managed for the summer/winter vacation?|
The Summer&Winter Dormitory Admission rate is about 40% less than Spring/Fall semester's.
Therefore running all the dormitories' air-conditioners/heaters
would be a waste of money and energy.
The dormitory has been trying to save energy and unnecessary expenses.
We usually assign rooms from higher to lower floors, therefore if you live in a lower floor,
your room can be changed for the Summer/Winter vacation.
|Q||[Life]||Can non-residents(outsiders) enter the dormitory?|
Non-residents are not allowed to enter the dormitory.
If anyone could enter the dormitory, dormitory residents' safety cannot be guaranteed.
※ Even worse, this could lead to crime.
A variety of crimes have occurred in other universities' dormitories,
therefore this should be taken Seriously.
※ This rule cannot be enforced entirely by the security managers and electronic system,
therefore your cooperation for this policy is required.
※ It is not allowed to take your friends into the dormitory.
※ Using stairs/elevators is not allowed for non-residents
(Only available for official check-in/out date).
|Q||[Life]||What should I do if I get a sick suddenly at night?|
You can get simple first-aid medicine at the security office in your dorm.
▶Stored medicine list: Tylenol (headache, etc. painkiller), indigestion pills, stomach-calming medicine (for stomachache from diarrhea), sticking plasters, gauze, bandages, and spray-on muscle relaxant
▶If it's serious case or emergency, you better go to a hospital.
▶If you need help, please contact to the RA(residents assistants) and they will help you.
All RA lives in the dorms, therefore they can help you directly in emergency.
Please check the bulletin board in your dormitory for the contact information of your Residence Assistant.
|Q||[Life]||If my personal possession is lost, can I check the CCTV recordings?|
▶ After your dorm's security manager and dormitory officer discuss
whether you can see the CCTV recordings or not, they will decide and let you know.
Each dorm's CCTV was installed for safety and security,
therefore if the loss is caused by your mistake or there's no clue of its' stolen
by other person, you cannot check the CCTV.
As it is communal life, you should keep your valuable stuffs on your own,
|Q||[Life]||How can I give my suggestions for the dormitory?|
We always welcome and would like to listen student's opinion.
Please feel free to share your suggestions with us.
<How to give your suggestions to us>
2.Q&A board in the dorm website.
3.Phone: 02-760-0163~0164, 0167~0168
|Q||[Life]||How can I get my roommate's contact information?|
Your roommate's contact number is private information,
We will contact your roommate first and ask
|Q||[Life]||I have a problem with my roommate. What should I do?|
You can talk with dorm officers in person and we will help you.
You can get counselling regarding any problems with your roommate.
The dormitory office working time is from 9am to 5:30pm on weekdays.
The dormitory office is located in the 600th anniversary memorial hall 1F.