- Total Points 10 or more Have to leave the domitory: lost nights that apply to the domitory forever
- Total points 15 Have to leave the domitory lost rights that apply to the domitory for one year
- Total points 20 or more Have to leave the domitory: lost the rights that apply to the domitory forever
Reward/Penalty Points Under SKKU Dormitory Rules
|Safety||1||Significantly inappropriate behaviors (theft, assault, gambling, sexual assault, use of drugs or any kind of prohibited items, opening or stealing parcels, stealing or using other people’s belongings (e.g. smart phones, food, detergent, and etc.))||20|
|2||Accommodating non-residents or being visited by non-residents or assisting those acts in dormitory(including residents and non-residents) [However, family members are allowed to visit (staying over is not allowed) on the Check-in/check-out dates||20|
|3||Bringing opposite sex to the dorm without permission (including both floor and room)||20|
|4||Damage the public property and facility in dormitory||20|
|5||Possession or use of materials causing fire and ignition (fuel gas, petroleum, paint thinner, candles, mosquito-repellent, and etc.)||15|
|6||Smoking outside of designated smoking area and disposing cigarette buds (including the toilet) or keeping it in the room||10|
|7||Possession or use of non-permitted electronics and personal facilities(including Electric cars) other than allowed electronics and personal facilities (Allowed electronics and personal facilities: computers, printers, stands, chargers, hair dryers, auto power curlers, USB humidifier, USB Air purifier, fan, mini-vacuum, bicycle, vehicle, and etc.)||5|
|8||Abnormal use of entrance gate, use or send/receive objects through abnormal passage (windows or terraces)||5|
|Communal Living||9||Changing room without notice, applying as a substitute for dormitory||15|
|10||In addition to the residency period (including the check-out time), unauthorized acts such as occupying the room are prohibited (including personal belongings)||15|
|11||Stealing and using IP and spreading falsity, cyber-bullying other students or disseminating virus||10|
|12||Harming others by being unconscious, causing damage to any public properties or behaving indecently due to drinking (in or out of dormitory)||10|
|13||Breeding or bringing pets including insects, fishes, rodents, reptiles, and etc.) in dormitory||10|
|14||Any act of not following the rules to prevent the spread of infectious diseases such as the submission of TB test results||10|
|15||Bringing alcoholic beverages (including empty cans or bottles) or keeping them in dormitory||8|
|16||Act of transferring student ID card, key or entry card to non-resident or sharing of other resident’s personal details for dorm entry||8|
|17||Behaving arrogantly, disobeying to the dormitory director, office staff, house master, guidance-assistance, guard, related staff (e.g. janitor), giving false statements for guidance or inspection||5|
|18||Access at curfew time (01:00~05:00) (It can be changed according to the situation of each campus.)||3|
|19||Granting access to non-residents or residents from other rooms into the room without the permission from roommate||3|
|20||Using or moving dormitory equipment without permission, causing the public area to become messy or taking over the common facilities (e.g. creative zone, gym, kitchen)||3|
|21||Obstructing the lives of other students with noise (playing a musical instrument, singing or speaking loudly, PC games, answering calls etc.)||3|
|22||Using computer or light (excluding the table lamp) without the consent of the roommate after 24:00||3|
|23||Distributing, advertising and posting any materials without permission||2|
|24||Non-cooperative behavior in education or training regarding communal living or safety (dormitory OT, fire evacuation drill, etc)||2|
|25||Acquiescing any violation of roommate||2|
|26||Placing personal goods in public places (clothes horse, umbrella, etc.) and placing a bicycle outside of designated area||2|
|27||Nailing or posting on the wall of dormitory (in the dormitory room)||2|
|28||Non-cooperative behavior in submitting required documents to dormitory (moving-in notification, check-in/check-out list, etc)||1|
|Hygiene||29||Cooking or eating somewhere other than a designated place or eating in the room without the consent of the roommate||5|
|30||Making stain on the mattress without bed sheet or mattress cover (Residents who received waterproof pad should set the pad on the mattress)||3|
|31||Disposing of rubbish somewhere other than the designated places (e.g. water dispenser, laundromat, toilet bowl, corridor) or not conducting proper garbage separation in designated area||3|
|32||Not receiving delivered food outside of the building by oneself, or leaving empty food containers inside the building||2|
|33||Not cleaning or organizing one's dormitory room (including the toilet)||4|
|Safe||34||Placing inappropriate items into the public facilities (e.g. microwave, toaster, washing machine, dryer), or leave the facility (including microwave, toaster, and iron) by itself while its on||5|
|Safe||1||Providing help to the dormitory by protecting the people or the public property during emergency situations such as fire||5|
|2||Reporting of any unauthorized acts||2|
|C.L||3||Regularly attending events run by the dormitory||2|
|4||Cleaning well and maintaining a clean surrounding in the dormitory room||2|
- The term of reward/penalty points are valid for one semester. (semester + vacation)
- Total point of 20 or more: To be dismissed from dormitory, not eligible to apply permanently
- Total point of 15 or more: To be dismissed from dormitory, limit application for a year
Total point of 10 or more: To be dismissed from dormitory, limit application for following semester
(but, penalty points received 15 days before eviction can be carried over and added to next semester or vacation)
- For repeated violations and those selected for ‘Dormate’, the punishment may be aggravated with twice the penalty points.
- A student who has been ordered to leave the dormitory by penalty points must leave within four days.
- We consider residents who don't reside in the corresponding dorm as non-residents, so we shall impose the same penalty points on them.
- For matters subject to common responsibilities, all of them may be penalized and applied to non-private personnel, which may put them at a disadvantage in their next application.
- If the management staff including security guard detects a violation, he/she shall hand over the penalty to administrative employee.
- In principle, the above penalty points shall be imposed on each violation, but depending on the circumstances of the violation, the dormitory director or the administrative office staff may add or decrease the penalty points. Any non-listed violation of regulations or rules may be subject to penalty points by the Director or administrative staff according to their severity.
- The new dormitory rules will be applied from 2020- Fall Semester.